- Bottom’s Up to Clean Drinking Water!
- What Does It Take to Work on Wall Street?
- What Are You Doing this Pi Day?
- 911 – What Is Your Emergency?
- Are Your Online Purchases Legit?
- Women in Tech
- The Shape of Water and U.S. Labs—Must Be Time for the Oscars!
- Navigating Auto Recalls
- U.S. Government’s Financial Report
- For Valentine’s Day – A GAO Love Song Mixtape
- About GAO
- Agriculture and Food
- Auditing and Financial Management
- Budget and Spending
- Business Regulation and Consumer Protection
- Disaster Assistance
- Duplication and Cost Savings
- Economic Development
- Equal Opportunity
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Fiscal Outlook and The Debt
- Government Operations
- Health Care
- High Risk List
- Homeland Security
- Human Capital
- Information Management
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Interactive graphic
- International Affairs
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Key Issues
- Mission Team
- National Defense
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Quick Look
- Retirement Security
- Science and Technology
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Technology Assessment
- Worker and Family Assistance
Tag Archives: cost estimates
The 2010 Census was the most expensive in U.S. history—it cost about $13 billion from start to finish (in 2010 dollars). Using the same design, the 2020 Census would cost over $17 billion (in 2020 dollars). But the Census Bureau’s … Continue reading
From acquisition to operations and maintenance, Department of Defense weapons programs are consistently of interest to the federal government and the public. Since 2000, we have been assessing DOD’s most costly weapons program, the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter. The defense acquisition … Continue reading
As you might expect, the information technology (IT) that supports one of the largest and most complex organizations in the world can be very expensive. In its fiscal year 2015 budget, the Department of Defense (DOD) requested more than $30 … Continue reading
Each year, we produce several reports that look at a variety of topics at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). One of these annual reports is known as the “NASA Quick Look,” which provides an overview of the NASA … Continue reading