- Bottom’s Up to Clean Drinking Water!
- What Does It Take to Work on Wall Street?
- What Are You Doing this Pi Day?
- 911 – What Is Your Emergency?
- Are Your Online Purchases Legit?
- Women in Tech
- The Shape of Water and U.S. Labs—Must Be Time for the Oscars!
- Navigating Auto Recalls
- U.S. Government’s Financial Report
- For Valentine’s Day – A GAO Love Song Mixtape
- About GAO
- Agriculture and Food
- Auditing and Financial Management
- Budget and Spending
- Business Regulation and Consumer Protection
- Disaster Assistance
- Duplication and Cost Savings
- Economic Development
- Equal Opportunity
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Fiscal Outlook and The Debt
- Government Operations
- Health Care
- High Risk List
- Homeland Security
- Human Capital
- Information Management
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Interactive graphic
- International Affairs
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Key Issues
- Mission Team
- National Defense
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Quick Look
- Retirement Security
- Science and Technology
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Technology Assessment
- Worker and Family Assistance
Tag Archives: imports
Over the last decade, the use of traditional cigarettes in the United States has declined, while the use of electronic cigarettes (e-cigarettes) has grown rapidly. We’ve previously reported that the federal government could not specifically track e-cigarette imports. However, U.S. … Continue reading
Up to 90% of electronic cigarette devices in the multi-billion-dollar U.S. e-cigarette market are imported, according to expert estimates. But until recently, the federal government couldn’t determine the volume of e-cigarette imports because they were lumped together for tracking purposes … Continue reading
It’s National Consumer Protection Week, so we’re exploring how the federal government protects you, the consumer, from risky products. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is tasked with protecting Americans from unreasonable risks of injury or death from thousands of … Continue reading
The Food and Drug Administration’s Foreign Offices prevent unsafe products from entering the U.S. food supply. As more food is imported, this office faces increased workloads and other challenges. Hear our podcast with Alfredo Gomez, a director in GAO’s Natural … Continue reading