- Bottom’s Up to Clean Drinking Water!
- What Does It Take to Work on Wall Street?
- What Are You Doing this Pi Day?
- 911 – What Is Your Emergency?
- Are Your Online Purchases Legit?
- Women in Tech
- The Shape of Water and U.S. Labs—Must Be Time for the Oscars!
- Navigating Auto Recalls
- U.S. Government’s Financial Report
- For Valentine’s Day – A GAO Love Song Mixtape
- About GAO
- Agriculture and Food
- Auditing and Financial Management
- Budget and Spending
- Business Regulation and Consumer Protection
- Disaster Assistance
- Duplication and Cost Savings
- Economic Development
- Equal Opportunity
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Fiscal Outlook and The Debt
- Government Operations
- Health Care
- High Risk List
- Homeland Security
- Human Capital
- Information Management
- Information Security
- Information Technology
- Interactive graphic
- International Affairs
- Justice and Law Enforcement
- Key Issues
- Mission Team
- National Defense
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Quick Look
- Retirement Security
- Science and Technology
- Tax Policy and Administration
- Technology Assessment
- Worker and Family Assistance
Tag Archives: tax
Tax season is upon us, and many of us will soon be sitting down to figure out and pay our share. But this year, like every year, some taxpayers intentionally or inadvertently won’t fully pay what they owe. The difference … Continue reading
What’s the future of the federal budget? Since 1992, we have simulated how different policies would affect the federal deficit and debt. Our latest update, released Monday, shows that the federal government continues to face long-term fiscal challenges. The future … Continue reading
Up to 90% of electronic cigarette devices in the multi-billion-dollar U.S. e-cigarette market are imported, according to expert estimates. But until recently, the federal government couldn’t determine the volume of e-cigarette imports because they were lumped together for tracking purposes … Continue reading
State and local governments nationwide face long-term fiscal sustainability challenges. Since 2007, GAO has published simulations of fiscal trends in the state and local government sectors. Explore the state and local fiscal outlook model, and hear our podcast with Michelle Sager, … Continue reading
As we near the end of the year, you may be trying to make charitable donations so you can take a tax deduction. The charitable donation deduction is one of many special tax provisions that can reduce the amount of … Continue reading